I’m very surprised and honored to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster award by the wonderful Becca. I had never heard of this award before but it is used to help spread the word of newer and less known blogs and to highlight our favorite bloggers. So thank you so much, Becca, for this nomination! Here are the rules:
You must link back to the person who nominated you.
You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
You must list 11 random/fun facts about yourself.
You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions.
You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
1) What is one thing you love about yourself?
I would like to think that I have good manners, which is something I admire in other people as well. So I like that it is an instinct for me to say please and thank you and excuse me and I’m sorry, even though it seems like this should be automatic for everyone.
2) Are you a cat person or a dog person?
I love dogs. I am the person who will be in the corner cuddling with the dog when all of my friends are on the couch, socializing. And I will own either a corgi, a golden retriever, or a Bernese mountain dog when I’m older.
3) What’s your favourite genre of TV/movies?
Well I love disney movies; Tangled, Mulan, Finding Nemo, Brother Bear, UP, Hercules, you name it. It’s always a good time to watch a disney movie, in my opinion. Other than that, I mostly opt for comedies or romantic comedies. I think these are best to watch with people because even though I can be self-conscience of my laugh sometimes, I find it interesting to see what makes others laugh and what doesn’t. And it’s nice to share a laugh with someone.
4) What sort of blogs do you like to follow?
Well I haven’t even been blogging for a month yet, so I follow back anyone who follows me or even likes or comments on my posts. I just need enough bloggers on my homepage to see what I like to see and what I don’t. Other than that, I like following beauty blogs and travel blogs and writing blogs.
5) What is your dream job/career?
Honestly, making YouTube into a career would be a dream come true for me. YouTubers travel the world with their best friends and make videos and go on adventures and get paid for it. I would love to be able to do that full-time, especially if I had someone like my sister as a partner to do it with me.
6) What is one country/city you would love to visit?
One of the items on my bucket list is to go to Thailand and swim with elephants. Ever since I found out that I could do this (from Pinterest), I’ve decided I need to go. Plus, Thailand’s beauty and culture is enough to make me want to go anyways.
7) If you had to eat just one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I could honestly eat pasta for the rest of my life and not get sick of it. Last summer I used to eat spaghetti every single day for lunch. Plus, if I had to eat it for the rest of my life, I could switch between chicken alfredo and penne pasta and spaghetti and meatballs and it’d just be perfect. Other than that, my favorite treat is Pepperidge Farm’s cream filled chocolate hazelnut Pirouettes. So good.
8) What is your guilty pleasure?!
Okay this is extremely cliché, but I can spend countless hours watching entire seasons of America’s Next Top Model. It’s just so good! I don’t even think of DVRing it and coming back later, I just stay inside the whole day, indulged in their dramatic, glamorous lives, wishing I could be a model.
9) Who is your celebrity crush?
Ewan McGregor. Moulin Rouge is one of my favorite movies and my all-time favorite musical movie and Ewan McGregor is perfection in it. His voice makes me swoon. But the story breaks my heart.
10) Do you have any hobbies other than blogging?
I played soccer for over 10 years before quitting to play tennis my senior year, which I’ll be continuing in college. I’ll also continue playing the cello, which I’ve been playing for eight years. I’m also in the process of writing a novel and I try to read a lot as well. That and nannying is what my summer consists of.
11) What’s your favourite makeup/cosmetics brand?
I hardly wear anything besides mascara, but my favorite is by Benefit.
MY RANDOM FACTS:
1. I am turning 18 during my freshman year of college and won’t turn 21 until my senior year. It’ll be September, but I’m still pretty young for my grade.
2. I have a completed state quarter collection and am currently collecting mugs.
3. I have a scar on my nose from when I was in first grade. I was riding my bike on the sidewalk the day before picture day and my brother threw a stick at me. It got stuck in the spokes and landed face-first on the pavement, scraping my nose and chin. It healed pretty well except for the dot that remains on the bridge of my nose.
4. I also have two freckles in identical places behind my ears. This caused my cousin to think I was a witch when I was in fourth grade.
5. When I was in fifth grade, I was playing basketball with my brother and he checked the ball to me. But he bounced it too hard and it hit me in the mouth, chipping my front tooth. I have yet to get it fixed.
6. I hate feet–even my own! I have a scar on the pinky toe of my left foot that tingles sometimes and if I can’t stop thinking about it, I’ll have to go put on socks or shoes or just sit on it because it makes me feel weird. And other people’s feet are just gross. And smelly.
7. I’m obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes. I’ve read most of the collections and I just love the perfect mixture of childish humor and thought-provking comments that it has. Whenever I come across fan fiction that takes place when Calvin is old and grown up (and often married to Suzy), it moves me to tears.
8. My favorite game is Would You Rather. I love thinking of weird questions and debating them and it’s interesting to see the thought process of others and how it differs.
9. I used to tell people I couldn’t pick a favorite color because I thought it would make the other colors feel bad (I was little), but, really, my favorite color is blue. And it always has been.
10. I love the rain and I love thunderstorms. I find them soothing and love feeling like the world is getting a good cleaning. The sound of thunder and rain puts me to sleep.
11. The majority of my mother’s side of my family lives in Canada, where she was born and raised. But despite being half-Canadian, I’m not a dual citizen (yet).
This part is pretty self-explanatory. Here are 11 blogs I think you should definitely check out and I have my favorite post of theirs linked when you click their name. Enjoy reading! 🙂
PINK AND PASSIONS – SOUNDTRACKS. MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS.
COZY, ROSY & SWEET – GIVE SUPPORT NOT ADVICE
DID SOMEONE SAY COFFEE? – THAT AWKWARD FIRST POST
CALL ME NORMAL – MY PROBLEM IS:
LOL FOR MY TEEN YEARS – DO IT LIKE A GIRL
CHLOE – RANT – HAPPINESS
A NOTE FROM SOPHIE – POINTLESS TRIP TO IRELAND
QUEEN SAM THE ANNOYED – THIS IS WHY YOU’RE IMPORTANT
I HAVE A FEZ ON MY HEAD – RECENT MOMENTS OF HAPPINESS
A PRETTY THOUGHT – LOOKS I LOVE – I saw that you’ve been recently nominated, so I understand if you don’t want to make another post so soon, but I thought I’d nominate you anyways because I’ve been loving your blog. 🙂
LOVE AND SPARKLES – MAKE THIS YEAR COUNT
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. What is your biggest pet peeve?
2. Who are you closest to?
3. What is something that people don’t know about you that you wish they did?
4. What song do you claim to hate but will find yourself singing when you’re in the car?
5. Are you a morning person or night owl?
6. What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
7. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
8. Do you collect anything? If you don’t, what do you wish you collected?
9. If you could live in a different time period, which would you pick?
10. What is your happy place? (Real or in your head)
11. What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep?
Sorry if those are bad questions or boring answers, but I guess that’s it! Thanks again to Becca for the nomination! Everyone reading this should at least click the link to check out her blog–it’s awesome! http://beckinablog.wordpress.com
Thanks for reading!